is the highest level of therapy, staffed by professional therapists. All therapy is patient-focused and individualized. Physical, occupational, and speech therapy are all typically covered by Medicare.
Physical therapy includes:
- Balance & gait training, strength training
- Incontinence training, chronic pain management, osteoporosis program
Occupational therapy includes:
- Home assessments/safety training, low vision therapy, range of motion, strengthening & coordination, ADL retraining
Speech therapy includes:
- Evaluation and treatment of many conditions including strokes, Parkinson's, swallowing dysfunctions and other degenerative diseases.
Rehab therapy is available for all Skylines residents. Individualized goals are developed by a licensed Physical Therapist and approved by a Physician. The Physical Rehab Program is staffed by certified Rehabilitation Aides.
- Residents are assisted in maintaining and/or improving his or her physical capabilities, such as: walking, strength, balance, coordination and safety.
- The therapy gym offers a variety of equipment: exercise equipment that has low impact to joints, resistance equipment to build strength, and balance equipment for maintaining stability.
- Pain control methods are Paraffin, moist heat packs, and cold packs.
Health and Fitness
is for residents with higher levels of function. A licensed Physical Therapist will offer guidance to develop a "plan of care" to meet the needs recommended by your physician.
- Participants are able to utilize the equipment independently or Rehab Aides can provide minimal assistance.
- Health & fitness goals are to maintain and/or improve overall physical capabilities.